EMC Ltd is awarded a ‘Green stamp’, as environmental measurement company Credibly Green report on the environmental impacts of the businesses operations at the EMC Ltd site in Hinckley, Leicestershire. Showcasing its commitment to the environment, EMC Ltd is making progress towards effective environmental management.

If you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it. And that is exactly what EMC Ltd has done. Using industry standard data and a bespoke carbon model, Credibly Green has delivered an independent environmental report to the company and awarded its ‘green’ stamp for environmental awareness.

The Credibly Green report identifies the carbon emissions equivalent of the company in terms of gas, electricity, water, waste and recycling activity between Aug 2016 and July 2017. The results found that EMC Ltd only generated 3.98 tonnes of waste over this period, 90% of which was recycled. Of the remaining 10% none of it went to landfill but was sent for energy recovery. A full breakdown of the total carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) emissions from EMC Ltd is available within the report.Electricity use is by far the largest contributor to EMC Ltd annual emissions and they have already started to address this by installing LED lights throughout the offices and factory and a new, more efficient compressor.

Through simple measures, EMC Ltd can look to further reduce its environmental impact and provide a positive message to their employees, clients and wider community. For example, should EMC Ltd switch their electricity to a greener energy supplier, significant reductions in CO2 emissions could be realised.

“Businesses play a key role in introducing environmental awareness, and promoting responsible environmental management. By taking steps to measure and understand the key impacts of their own operations, EMC Ltd can ‘walk the talk’ and be advocates of change by example.” Paul Frith, Director, Credibly Green Ltd.

The issue of a Credibly Green ‘Green’ stamp means that EMC Ltd has been independently assessed for the environmental impact.

Performance coatings to industry
© 2018 East Midland Coatings
Designed and Developed by Trident

View our terms and conditions here