Teflon® has been a household brand name since the mid-20th century. In fact, Teflon ® coatings were first registered in 1945 by DuPont – following the accidental invention of PTFE in 1938.
Since its inception, the Teflon® brand has developed further and now not only includes PTFE based systems, but also FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) and PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy) based systems. FEP & PFA work slightly differently to PFA in that they melt and flow during curing, to create non-porous films. These systems are generally a little tougher and chemically resistant.
The List Of Benefits Of Teflon® Are Extensive. For instance:
- Non-stick and release
- Low friction: coefficient of friction typically between 0.05 and 0.20 depending on the grade of Teflon® used
- Wear and abrasion resistance under extreme pressures
- Hydrophobic nature creates easy clean surfaces
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Wide temperature operating range from -270°c to 280°c
- Wide colour range
- Food contact approved to FDA standards
Typical Uses Of Teflon ® Coatings:
- Frying pans, baking trays and other bakeware
- Food processing equipment to improve the flow and efficiency of lines– chutes, hoppers, multi-head weighers, cutting blades and much more
- Mould tools – injection moulds for numerous rubber and plastic materials including and not limited to EPDM, silicon, Nitrile, Polyurethane, Polystyrene etc.
- Printing and packaging – heat sealer bars, heater plates, glue chutes, drip trays, rollers and more
Teflon® Or Xylan®?
Often a question we get asked here at EMC. Teflon® and Xylan® are both families of coatings with hundreds of varieties, each designed and formulated to provide different benefits varying on the application and the requirement of the surface finish. With extensive experience applying both Xylan® and Teflon®,
Please get in touch with the experts here at East Midland Coatings for the best recommendation for your specific application.
Anti-corrosion coatings can instantly optimise metal components in longevity and performance. With our Xylan coating services, for instance, we can achieve a wide range of specifications given to us by our clients. As a premium anti-corrosion coating, Xylan can vastly...
East Midland Coatings will be exhibiting at the Processing & Packaging Machinery Association (PPMA) For the second year running EMC will be exhibiting from the 27th to the 29th of September at the PPMA exhibition. PPMA is the UK’s trade association for...
The construction industry, like many others, is continuously adapting and evolving to meet new age demands. As a result, enhancing metal machinery and equipment for longer-lasting performance is vital more than ever. As renowned industrial coating suppliers, we know...
East Midland Coatings Ltd
Hinckley Fields Industrial Estate
Leicestershire LE10 1YE
+44 (0)1455 619176
In conjunction with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will not share your data with any other party. Your details will only be used to contact you in response to this enquiry and any future communications with East Midlands Coatings Ltd
If you would like information about our services or have a specific enquiry, please get in touch…..