Teflon® has been a household brand name since the mid-20th century. In fact, Teflon ® coatings were first registered in 1945 by DuPont – following the accidental invention of PTFE in 1938.
Since its inception, the Teflon® brand has developed further and now not only includes PTFE based systems, but also FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) and PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy) based systems. FEP & PFA work slightly differently to PFA in that they melt and flow during curing, to create non-porous films. These systems are generally a little tougher and chemically resistant.
The List Of Benefits Of Teflon® Are Extensive. For instance:
- Non-stick and release
- Low friction: coefficient of friction typically between 0.05 and 0.20 depending on the grade of Teflon® used
- Wear and abrasion resistance under extreme pressures
- Hydrophobic nature creates easy clean surfaces
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Wide temperature operating range from -270°c to 280°c
- Wide colour range
- Food contact approved to FDA standards
Typical Uses Of Teflon ® Coatings:
- Frying pans, baking trays and other bakeware
- Food processing equipment to improve the flow and efficiency of lines– chutes, hoppers, multi-head weighers, cutting blades and much more
- Mould tools – injection moulds for numerous rubber and plastic materials including and not limited to EPDM, silicon, Nitrile, Polyurethane, Polystyrene etc.
- Printing and packaging – heat sealer bars, heater plates, glue chutes, drip trays, rollers and more
Teflon® Or Xylan®?
Often a question we get asked here at EMC. Teflon® and Xylan® are both families of coatings with hundreds of varieties, each designed and formulated to provide different benefits varying on the application and the requirement of the surface finish. With extensive experience applying both Xylan® and Teflon®,
Please get in touch with the experts here at East Midland Coatings for the best recommendation for your specific application.
East Midlands Coatings (EMC) continues to define the future of industrial coatings. As a part of our mission to deliver high-performance, corrosion-resistant, and aesthetically pleasing solutions, we are thrilled to announce our latest upgrade - a state-of-the-art,...
Xylan Coating Applications: Leveraging The Potential For Multiple Industries with East Midlands Coatings
Industrial coatings play a crucial role in improving the performance and durability of various components across a multitude of sectors. Among these, Xylan coatings stand out due to their unique combination of high-performance fluoropolymers, offering unrivalled...
Here at East Midland Coatings, we pride ourselves on solving problems across multiple industries. One of the main industries that we supply coatings to is industrial bakeware. This can vary from frying pans, baking trays and waffle plates up to much larger components...
East Midland Coatings Ltd
Hinckley Fields Industrial Estate
Leicestershire LE10 1YE
+44 (0)1455 619176
In conjunction with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will not share your data with any other party. Your details will only be used to contact you in response to this enquiry and any future communications with East Midlands Coatings Ltd
If you would like information about our services or have a specific enquiry, please get in touch…..