EMC Ltd are awarded a ‘Green stamp’. Environmental measurement company ‘Credibly Green’ reported on the environmental impacts of the businesses operations at the EMC Ltd site in Hinckley, Leicestershire. Showcasing its commitment to the environment, EMC Ltd is making progress towards effective environmental management.

EMC Awarded ‘Green Stamp’ By Credibly Green

If you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it. And that is exactly what EMC Ltd has done. Using industry standard data and a bespoke carbon model, Credibly Green has delivered an independent environmental report to the company and awarded EMC for its ‘green stamp’ for environmental awareness.

The Credibly Green report identifies the carbon emissions equivalent of the company. This is in terms of gas, electricity, water, waste and recycling activity between Aug 2016 and July 2017. The results found that EMC Ltd only generated 3.98 tonnes of waste over this period. 90% was recycled. Of the remaining 10% none of it went to landfill but was sent for energy recovery.

Furthermore, a full breakdown of the total carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) emissions from EMC Ltd is available within the report. Electricity use is by far the largest contributor to EMC Ltd annual emissions. Therefore, they have already started to address this by installing LED lights throughout the offices and factory. Additionally, installing a new, more efficient compressor.

Simple Measures Make A Big Impact

Through simple measures, EMC Ltd can look to further reduce its environmental impact. They will consequently provide a positive message to their employees, clients and wider community. For instance, if EMC Ltd switch their electricity to a greener energy supplier, significant reductions in CO2 emissions could be realised.

“Businesses play a key role in introducing environmental awareness, and promoting responsible environmental management. By taking steps to measure and understand the key impacts of their own operations, EMC Ltd can ‘walk the talk’ and be advocates of change by example.” Paul Frith, Director, Credibly Green Ltd.

Being awarded a Credibly Green ‘Green stamp’ means that EMC Ltd has been independently assessed for the environmental impact.

 

 

Cookie Control

Cookie control

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better.

I'm fine with this

We use cookies to give you the best online experience.

Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies.

Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to work.

We also use some non-essential cookies to collect information for making reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.

To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings.

I'm fine with this
(One cookie will be set to store your preference)
(Ticking this sets a cookie to hide this popup if you then hit close. This will not store any personal information)
Information and Settings Cookie policy